With the holidays upon us, finding the perfect gift for the ones we love can be a challenge. Why not start a new tradition and share the gift of reading? Whether it’s a traditional hardcover book or a gift card for an e-book, there were so many wonderful titles published in 2012 any one of them is sure to bring a smile. To help you with your shopping list, I have narrowed it down to my personal Top Ten Must-Read books from this year. Check out my recommendations and see if you agree. I have combined some former Jen’s Jewels authors with some new names to make this list extra-special. And as always, thanks for making Jen’s Jewels a part of your holiday reading list.
Top Ten Jen’s Jewels Picks 2012
- Blackberry Winter by Sarah Jio … a compelling historical mystery and romance
- Murder is a Piece of Cake by Elaine Viets … a blend of humor, intrigue, and romance
- Sea Change by Karen White …part mystery, part love story from my favorite author
- Arranged by Catherine McKenzie … a modern-day spin on the art of matchmaking
- Miss Me When I’m Gone by Emily Arsenault … a hilarious whodunit with a twist
- Saving Ruth by Zoe Fishman … a coming of age novel, perfect choice for adult siblings
- Capitol Murder by Phillip Margolin … a nail-biting political thriller
- Wife 22 by Melanie Gideon … a clever look at the marriage of a forty-something woman
- Yes, Chef by Marcus Samuelsson … insider’s glimpse into the life of an amazing chef
- The Inn at Rose Harbor by Debbie Macomber … a cozy new series
Now that you have your list, it’s time to get busy! Please support small businesses this holiday season by shopping at your local bookstores. Don’t forget to click Like at www.JenniferVido.com on Facebook or come Follow Me on Twitter @JenniferVido. It’s the easiest way to keep updated on all the hottest book releases and exercise DVDs each month. From free give-aways to reviews and interviews, I have you covered. As we bid adieu to 2012, I want to personally thank all of my readers for stopping by each month to read my column. I wish you and yours a very merry holiday season. Cheers!